Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"Hestia"

Hi everyone,

The next major project we started to work on was redesigning a restaurant. This is very exciting and the most challenging ever. After measuring the site and drawing the basic ground floor plan, we were instructed to choose our very own design concept to start on the designing process. For this we had to do a lot of research.

My restaurant is based on Greek cuisine and therefore, I researched on the history of Greek and found about the Greek mythology. Greek mythology are the legends of various Goods and human Heroes, the Greek people in the past have worshiped and respected a lot. As I went through the family tree of Greek Gods, I found about the Goddess of Hestia, who is the goddess for home and hearth.

I was influenced by this and wanted to name my restaurant Hestia. The following process shows how I came up with my logo. The final logo is yet to be completed.

                                 The sketches of logos I came up with

                                     The picture I was influenced with
Source : http://www.elfwood.com/~lachristensen/Hestia-Greek-Goddess-of-the-Hearth.2941250.html

                           The final logo I came up with, without colors



No comments:

Post a Comment